Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Premier Predictions - Out The Window!


At the beginning of the season I predicted, with all my wisdom and knowledge exactly how the League table would look come the end of the season. Now I have looked back and I am amazed at just how wrong I was!



These are the links to the two articles from this blog so you can see I am not cheating, but in all honesty, when you see how far off I was, why would I!
(http://pacityboy.blogspot.com/2011/09/league-table-prediction-20-11-1-of-2.html
http://www.pacityboy.blogspot.com/2011/09/league-table-prediction-10-1-part-2-of.html)

Ok to the positives first, this will not take long at all. Most importantly you will see that I had both Manchester clubs finish first and second, and in the correct order, so yay to me. In an almost Nostradamus way I said this, back at the start of the season 'Mancini has assembled a team within a team capable of competing in the Champions League and the Premiership. Aguero, Nasri, Clichy and Hargreaves on a free. Managed to keep Tevez although that may prove to be a mistake as he really doesn't seem happy'. Although he did come back and help us out a bit you have to admit that is pretty spot on.


At the other end of the table I also had QPR just surviving relegation but the only other thing I got close was Sunderland's position, which I had as 12th rather than their actual 13th. 

Apologies go out to Swansea and Norwich who to be honest I didn't think had a chance of surviving this season along with Newcastle, who I thought, like many others, had let their best players leave without replacing them. Egg is firmly on my face with these predictions! 

Other glaring over or under predicting on my part would be Bolton, who I felt sure Coyle could gel into a decent side, finishing 8th! and Wolves managing a 10th, when both in fact were relegated. Also I had Aston Villa just missing out on Europe rather than just missing out on relegation and had Liverpool finishing third with Arsenal missing out on Europe when in fact the League positions were reversed. 

So now I'd like to know how you did. Who did you have winning the whole league and who did you have in the bottom three. Are there teams that surprised you either by finishing a lot higher or indeed a lot lower than you had said at the beginning of the season? I would be interested to hear from you.


No comments: