Saturday, February 5, 2011

Neil Young Trophy?? Tell me what you think

I have been thinking a lot lately about Manchester City and the recently departed Neil Young. He was a City legend but as many people have said, he never got a testimonial from City despite his years of service to our beloved club. Ideas regarding a pre season friendly with City taking on another unspecified team has been banded around with all the funds from the match going to Neil’s family to do with as they wish.
I think that is a good idea, however after 90 minutes the game will be over and the world will carry on. I have another thought and this is my idea. City should set aside July 18th each year for the Neil Young Trophy game. The first year could consist of a City side and they would be joined by Preston, Rochdale and Macclesfield Town or just City and one other.
The reason I suggest the 18th July because that’s when Neil he turned professional. The teams, as you know, are the teams Neil went on to play for after City. I think this would be a great family day and a great way to honour a great player and City legend.

No comments: